It’s hard for us to believe that a little over a year ago we sold most of our stuff and moved out of California. As you recall from last year’s update, being so far away from family while in California for 7 years was difficult. As planned, we had a very full year of travel and lots of family time. And we’re so thankful for that! We wish you a very Happy New Year, and we hope our paths cross with you in 2018!
Our year in numbers:
- 14,265 Road Miles (we won’t scare you with the gas budget numbers!)
- 30,212 Air Miles (thanks to Matthew’s trip to Spain)
- 15 states (Ginger has less than 2 yrs to get to Alaska to meet her goal of all 50 states by 50!)
- 12 times back and forth between family in Alabama and Tennessee
- 16,025 photos on Ginger’s phone (she may have a problem)
- 767 videos on Ginger’s phone (seriously, a real problem)
- 137 sunset photos (much fewer sunrise photos!)
- 1 case of Shingles for Ginger (ouch!) and severe flu for Matthew (ick!)
- 327 cups of plain yogurt for Matthew’s breakfast
- 11 new food allergies discovered for Ginger (it’s much easier to tell you what she CAN eat than what she can’t)
- 730 times we fed Bailey (she sure can tell time!)
- 25 years of marriage, that’s 9,125 days!!
(To see our marriage by the numbers, check out this post.)